Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I truly understand "The Fear of the Lord"

Scripture (The Story of Tamar; Genesis 38)

Observation

The story of Tamar reminds me that God is watching. Judahs' choice in leaving his home country and marrying a Canaanite woman was a mistake. But God, used one woman, Tamar to bring the lineage of Israel back on par with His promises. One woman of faith, of courage, of great persistency, one who knows the purpose of God in this family, chose to partner with God. As a result of one woman acts of faith, King David became the descendant of this family. Indeed, God is true to His promises in regardless of our weaknesses.

God is good. Last night, Ive learnt The Fear of the Lord when we discussed the similarities between Judah and Joseph. To go around, choosing my own ways slow down the process of me achieving the purpose that God has for me. To choose Judahs' way is to slow down the process that God has, not only for me but for others around me. It's like a system, if one party is slowdown, it slows down the rest.

Application
I must make a choice to follow his prompting. He knows what is good for me. I want to live in the freedom that He has for me. To grow and live life to the max. Only God knows it and I want to obey Him, knowing that He is with and for me.

Prayer
Father, thank you for your love and your counsel. Who am I, without you. I desire your ways, your guidance. What is life without you? Let me hold true to you, to love you and to cherish you from within. Show me your ways so that I can show others to you. Show me how I can be a signpost for others.

Loving you,
dory

No comments: