Monday, November 16, 2009

Living By Faith

Scriptures (Proverbs 16)

Gods' Plan vs My Plan
1 Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.

3 Put God in charge of your work,
then what you've planned will take place. [The Message}

9 In their hearts human beings plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps. (TNIV)

16 How much better to get wisdom than gold,
to get insight rather than silver!

20 Those who give heed to instruction prosper, [a]
and blessed are those who trust in the LORD.


32 Better a patient person than a warrior,
those with self-control than those who take a city.


Pride
5 God can't stomach arrogance or pretense;
believe me, he'll put those upstarts in their place.

18 Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.


Observation
- God is sovereign
==> We may plan plans and am sure of where we are heading. However, God is the one who is in control of all things. It is wise to seek Him in the very first place of whatever we do.

- The downfall of pride
===> Pride goes before downfall.

Application
I am very aware that I have the capacity to plan and achieve projects/works with my own strength. I cannot deny the fact that somehow, I love this sense of self-control/achievement in all that I do. Subconsciously, I am slowly letting go of what it means to truly live by faith. To live by faith is to place my trust in God in all aspects of my life. Self-Control leads to self-satisfaction which leads to pride. This by far, is not something that I want to proceed down the line.

I have started with a seed of mustard faith and I want to pursue and venture more into this life of faith. :)


Prayers
Father, thank you for revealing these to me. These are precious to me. :) Show me what it means to live in accordance to your will. Amen!

No comments: