Thursday, December 24, 2009

FRee from Sin

I was reading the book of Mark where it depicts the final hours of Jesus on earth. This is also when Jesus said to his disciples that one of them will betrayed him.

What actually strikes me was the explanation that Ive got from my study Bible. It said that the death of Jesus is the new covenant that God has with us, his children on earth. Animal were sacrificed to symbolize "forgiveness of sins" in the old covenant but in the new covenant, Jesus, the Son of God, who is without sins, died for you and me, for all the people on earth? Why? So that you, me, the Muslims, Indians, Buddhists, murderers, rapists, liars, adulterers, the greedy, the rich, the poor, scammers, EVERYone' Sins are forgiven not only ONCE but for ALL.

This includes sins that we have committed and sins that we have not committed.

You mean, Father, Jesus' death results in my freedom to live a NEW LIFE again? A life of FREEDOM? A Life of PASSION AND PURPOSE? U mean, though I'm covered all over with blemishes, You mean you have ALREADY paid for my past, present and future sins and it no longer hold me ransom?

You mean that I have received a chance to relive my life to the MAX knowing that you will always provide me abundantly no matter what?

You mean that I do not have to run around like a headless chook, trying to make things happen at my own strength, but all I have to do is to trust in you, communicate with you, understand your heartbeat and love for the living on this earth?

Father, you have given me many chances.... You have love me patiently.... You have given me more than I ask for. Father, I pray so much to have your unconditional love, grace, mercy, joy, peace so that I can pass these to those who doesn't know you. Father, show me your ways... let it be the spirit of the Lord who guides me.. My best friend. :)

What is fear of death when Jesus has already CONQUERED DEATH...?

Yes, Father, with absolute conviction, I believe that you have given me the SAME SPIRIT that has RAISED JESUS UP! I believe that I have the same power to raise up , to heal others, to speak words of encouragement to others, to help others in need. Father, you are the only one who can see right through me. Please purify my thoughts and minds. I know that this can only be done through my relationship with you. Father, you are the best, do you know that....

Father, please open my eyes to see, ears to hear, my heart to feel you...

Loving you always,
Doreen C.

No comments: