Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hua MULAN (2009)- A must watch Movie..:)

You know that you have indeed watched an amazing movie when you chose to blog it all down instead of going to bed at 12.28 AM. Something in me is burning to pen down what I have just seen. Indeed, I love movies that are both inspiring and above all, meaningful.

The movie that I have just watched is none other than, MULAN (2009). The movie is all about courage, leadership, brotherhood, integrity, honor, sacrifice, loyalty to your parents, countrymen and your nation. It is also about friendship and love. ;) Oh man, this movie just blew my mind away. :)

Many speak of courage but not many are willing to lay down their lives for their followers. What makes a good leader? Mulan, for one, is a woman I admire and adore. Mulans' courage and leadership had reminded me of Deborah, Israel's one and only, woman judge. I love Deborahs' courage and zealousness in obeying God. It makes me think about myself. What does it takes to stand firm and pursue what God has called me towards? I know that I have one life to live and I have better make it count. I do not want to waste it away, pursuing meaninglessness and having to "miss the mark".

Father, thank you for showing me that life is worth living when there is a purpose worth us pursuing. I pray for your wisdom and above all courage to stand firm in the land and calling that you have called me towards. I pray for favor from men and above all to hold you close to my heart. Give me ears to hear you attentively and eyes to see you clearly. As you inspire me, let me inspire many others to seek after you and never loose heart in daring to dream again. Without you we are nothing, my Lord. With you, we have ALL THINGS. :)

Some quotes that I find truly meaningful from the movie:-

"I never thought that my fear & hiding would cause the loss of my most important friend in my life. His departure has made me to understand that fleeing from endless battles will only makes us loose even more. From now onwards, I will become stronger, & protect each of you. And you must all become stronger to protect those near you. Will you do that?" General Hua MULAN


"He who wins his peoples' hearts, wins his nation. One who thinks he can take the world with a knife; maybe a victorious conqueror but if he cannot let his people live a good life and even if you are lucky enough to win; there will be thousands like me who will fight against you." Prince WenTai


"You once said that if you could give your life to end this war, you would do it." Mulan.
"It's easy for me to give up my life, but it's too difficult to give up the woman I love." Prince Wentai


"Someone once said, if you have gone too far from home, you will lose your roots.
If you have killed too many people, you will forget yourself.
If you die in battle, your life will sink into the ground like "rain" and vanish without trace. And, If at that time you fall in love with someone, hope will blossom again from the earth and embrace a new life with passion! Thank you, Wentai." Mulan



---------------------THE END----------------------






No comments: