Friday, October 3, 2008

A Time to Dance


Scripture

" 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance," Ecclesiastes 3:4 NIV

"A right time to lament and another to cheer" Ecclesiastes 3:4 The Message


Observation
There is time for every activity under the sun. There is a time to cry and a time to be joyful. There is a time to mourn and a time to dance and be cheerful. Let me remember when was the last time I truly enjoy myself. If I'm not mistaken, that will be back in February 2008 when I was back home in KL, enjoying my annual leave for a month. Hey, let me recall. The last time I truly enjoyed myself was during my ski trip with Joey and the Melbourne Uni kids in August. That was soo enjoyable.

To count by fingers, this year will be a year of growth in my relationship with Joey. Ive gained and lost "myself". Cried loads yet I'm joyful under all these circumstances. It was indeed a joy to see Joey growing in the Lord without me meddling in the process. Indeed, God is merciful. He is compassionate and full of grace.


Application
I believe Father wants me to dance, to be cheerful and enjoy all the things that He has given in front of me. It is not the time to look back at my past and let it control me. Things have changed. I have changed. Joey is not the same person. Ive gained and become wiser in many areas. God has changed me inside out and had prepared me throughout my single years. Who dares to meddle in this process that the Lord has prepared for me?

Prayer
Father, I want to commit my life into your hands. I have to admit that I'm bought at a price and you owe me wholly and solely. Let me never forget those challenges that you have brought me out off. As a result, I'm different and am a lot more stronger and wiser. I thank you for your continuous guidance in allowing me to grow in stature, wisdom and character. Father, I pray that you continue to guide, counsel, teach, educate me in all the ways that I should go.

Loving you always,
Your beloved daughter

No comments: