Thursday, October 16, 2008

What is True Love?


I was angry this morning at ********. Upset at the indecisiveness of *******. After what we talked and agreed upon went down the drain. Grrrrr.. Instead of me pouring my anger at *******, I cast my anger to GOD instead. After all, He is my father and he knows me inside out. I'm not afraid to pour out to Him.

I'm trying to dissect the reasons for my anger. Will it be because of pride wounded, feeling abandoned from the agreed plan, disappointment, mis-managed expectations or just plan angry???? Anyway, I know that I do not want my anger to cause the sun to set. (can't remember which proverbs this is from).

I was in the midst of letting out my steam to GOD and at the same time, there is this still voice in me that kept repeating this, "Gentle guidance. Give gentle guidance to ******". This is the listening point that is trying to still my mind, my emotion. Ive a choice to either REACT to my supposingly Righteous Anger or simply choose to obey the still small voice yet with authority in me.

I chose the latter. I know this is the way. To lay down my pride and self-righteously and response to what is right. Thus, I text ****** gentle guidance that can help ****** to make the right choice for everyone.

What a day to start with? But I truly believe if all of us truly build a relationship with God, He will guide us even when we are in the edge of bursting/ facing an unforseen circumstances.

GOD is Love and So are WE.

Love is patient,
Love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud,
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not EASILY ANGERED, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.

Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Dear God,
I thank you for guiding me this morning. If it's not because of you, I will have make the situation worst by RE-Acting to it. Father, you are my Lord, my God, in whom I will put my trust. Yes, papa, I will learn to Love like you. To response to the Spirit instead of reacting to my emotions and KOGAE.

Thank you Papa. I will obey..

Muaks Muaks..

Lov,
Doremi

No comments: