Thursday, March 19, 2009

Humble Obedience

Scripture
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8 {NIV}

And don't for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you'll get where you're going; then you'll succeed. Joshua 1:8 {The Message}


Observation
After Moses' death, God commanded Joshua to lead His people into the Promise Land. This is the new generation where the rebellious ancestor had all died except for Joshua and Caleb. God's command is very straight- forward. He commanded us, his children to mediate on His word and follow what He had written in His Word.

Many of us wants to do our own ways, to choose the easy way out, the way that is desirable to the eyes, taste, mind and touch. We fall because our fore-ancestors fell. God knows this very well. But, He kept reminding us to stand firm and brace the challenges with HIM, not without HIM.. God is always in partnership with us but are we willing to submit our all to Him?


Application
I want to desire after my Father. I want to seek after His heart. I want to be faithful and obey Him. The truth only comes from Him, through Him, in Him. The truth will set me free.

Prayer
My Lord, there is none like you. I want to live to follow you. Just like Joshua, I want to obey you. I want my household to follow you and obey your commandment. Father, anything that is not of you in my life, I want to cast it out in the name of Jesus. Father, I want to be free.

No comments: