Monday, March 16, 2009

To be an overcomer

Scripture (Revelation 21:6)
6He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

Observation
- The new heaven has arrived on earth. God declares that He will make all things new. He confirms again his identity as the author of creation and all things begin and ends in and through Him. To us who are thirsty after Him, God will continue to refresh and renew us. To those who overcome hardship and sufferings on earth, these are Gods' sons and daughters in whom He is well pleased.

God constantly reminded us of his promises. Although we may have to go through pain, injustice, unfairness or suffers due to someone's ignorance or irresponsibility, yet God says that sufferings produces perseverance, perseverance produces character and character, hope. Hope in Him will never fails us.

To those who overcome, they shall receive the inheritance as Sons and daughters of God. Wow... :)

Application
In the current situation that I'm facing now, I have to bank in to the promises that the Lord has given me. I must overcome not by my own understanding, strength or power but only by the spirit. To give up hope, is to spiral down in deep despair. To place my hope is to learn to live each day with gratitude, knowing deep within that God is by my side, protecting, guiding and teaching me in all His ways.

Prayer
Father, I surrender my fear and insecurity to you again. I surrender my all to you. All that is not of you, Father, I choose to lay dissolve into the air. Father, I choose to live in you, to be present in you. I want to receive the inheritance that you have given me. My hope is in you, not in any work or relationships. My focus in in you alone. My trust is in you alone. Teach me to trust again. Teach me to live in freedom again. Amen! :)

Lov,
Dory

No comments: