Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To obey or to disobey

Scripture
Deuteronomy 28

Observation
The entire chapter revealed the consequences of our choices on whether to obey HIM or disobey HIM. From the passage, the consequences of willful disobedience to His ways are very ugly and disturbing. It shows me that God is in control of ALL THINGS, even our enemies. It is extremely scary to see that our Lord will truly expel us and his judgement is inevitable.

The ugly consequences are more than the blessings. If we choose to go our way, we will bear the consequences. We have the tendency to justify our acts but the Lord knows what is in us. HE is able to see beyond us.

As for me, I'm in the midst of making choices now. To obey HIM or to follow my flesh. Argh.. it's difficult but from His words, it it pretty clear. I'm either with God or with the ENEMY. Which pills should I choose? The red or the blue?


Application
- I will obey my Lord, by hook or by crook.


Prayer
Lord God, I'm weak. I need you. I cannot fight this battle on my own. I desire your ways. Father, you are the only one who can save me, no one else. Father, your joy is my strength. I want to be on your side. Right now, right here.

Amen! :)

Prayer Point:
- To battle this stronghold that I'm in. Pray for me. :)

No comments: