Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clarity at last

My Prayers are answered on Sunday, 9th May 2010 on 4.47pm.

My Lord is forever faithful. I was "tested" again. I was in the verge of spiraling down. I prayed and oh, how I prayed for God to help me. I want say that my Lords' faithfulness endures forever. Oh my Lord, How Great is Thy Righteousness. He heard my prayers and answered me. Praise Be to my Lord, both now and forever. The below scripture was given to me just last Mothers' Day. :) :) :)

Scripture
Psalm 143
A psalm of David.

1 LORD, hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
for no one living is righteous before you.

3 The enemy pursues me,
he crushes me to the ground;
he makes me dwell in the darkness
like those long dead.

4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.

5 I remember the days of long ago;
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done.

6 I spread out my hands to you;
I thirst for you like a parched land. [a]

7 Answer me quickly, LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.

9 Rescue me from my enemies, LORD,
for I hide myself in you.

10 Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.

11 For your name's sake, LORD, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.


Observation
I can so relate to David from the above psalm. David was wrongfully accused by the unstable King Saul. He was thus pursued by King David for no apparent reason. Saul was jealous of David and he knew that David will be stronger than him if not sooner.

I can see David was crying out loud to God for this injustice and meaninglessness. Just like me who is asking God for clarity and for Him to answer me immediately, David did the same. We don't understand why such calamity hit us but one thing we are sure is this, we belong to God. I know I have been faithful to God and just like David, I do not understand why we are put in such situation.

Just like David, my heart is dismayed. I am unsure but yet I am beginning to realise that my security comes from the Lord alone and not men, my future children, my work and all perishable things. Lord God, answered me quickly just as how David asked of you!! :)

I thoroughly love it how David still persists in doing what is pleasing to Gods' eyes instead of taking vengeance in his own hand. This is indeed a man who is after Gods' own heart. I want this too. He has also asked God to be the one who will take justice unto his hand. Why? Because David belongs to God.


Application
Wow! I just had an eureka moment. Just like David, troubles fall unto Him. He cried out to God, for God to take justice and not him. David wanted to do Gods' will and not take matter in his hand. A lot of us will want to be in control and go ahead of God but not David.
I can see that David accepted the situation he was in now. In his despair, He asked God to bring Him out of this troubles. He asked God to show him the way and his only desire is to please God and chose what is pleasing to Him. David trust God. David desired His will.
The below greatly mark who David was in the eyes of God:
- David seeks to do Gods' will
- David surrender the action to God alone instead of taking matters into his own hand
- David trusts in the Lord to give him the answer and to counsel him during this time
- David believe that God will save Him from his enemies
- David's know his identity is in God
- He knows that he is Gods' belonging
- He asked God to rescue Him just because God is who he is... God name will not be tarnished if David is rescued

What I see for myself is this: Yes, I am in a similar position as David. I do not understand why am I put in this position, but just like David, I will entrust God to be my saviour from my trouble. He will be the one who brings justice and MEANING and PURPOSE in this relationship and all I can do is to TRUST AND BELIEVE IN HIM RIGHT NOW.
My identity is in God and I believe that God will not put His name in disgrace because of WHO HE SAY HE IS. How can, you God? My main aim is to glorify GOD!
I belong to my God. You are my Father. I trust in you. All I need is to believe and for your name SAKE... for the sake of your name and your integrity.. Father, have your way.


Prayer
Father, I will place my trust in you. I will not act unless you ask me to. Father, I seek earnestly to follow your will for me. Teach me, guide me, prompt me, my best friend. Show me your way that is beyond humans' understanding. I ask forth for peace and wisdom to be with me. Just like King David, I have follow your ways before and will do in the future. My identity is SECURE in you and for you ONLY. Father, I desire to please you and noone else. Answer me O LORD.. Show me how can I partner in glorifying your name.

Father, I pray for clarity, peace, boldness.
I pray for joy, goodness, kindness, strength.
I pray for your wisdom. I pray for understanding.
I pray to do your will, not my will.

Be still and know that I am Lord, your God. Be Still...

My listening point
Don't do anything.. trust in me..
live by faith and not by sight
Open your eyes and see what I am about to do.
You will know and realise that only I, I AM who will be glorify above all things. I have the power to change the hardened heart. Be with me. Partner with me. Do not go ahead of me. Only do so, when I ask you to... only move when I prompt you. My sheep will know me when I call. :) You will know its me ... u know my voice...:)


My Lord, I love you. I desire your way. I will be still and know that you are God, My Lord.

Love love love,
Doreen C.

I will obey you!!! above all things.. even myself....

No comments: