Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The truth shall set me FREE

Scripture

Psalm 116 (The Message)

I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy.
He listened so intently
as I laid out my case before him.
Death stared me in the face,
hell was hard on my heels.
Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn;
then I called out to God for help:
"Please, God!" I cried out.
"Save my life!"
God is gracious—it is he who makes things right,
our most compassionate God.
God takes the side of the helpless;
when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me.

7-8 I said to myself, "Relax and rest.
God has showered you with blessings.
Soul, you've been rescued from death;
Eye, you've been rescued from tears;
And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling."


9-11 I'm striding in the presence of God,
alive in the land of the living!
I stayed faithful, though bedeviled,
and despite a ton of bad luck,
Despite giving up on the human race,
saying, "They're all liars and cheats."

12-19 What can I give back to God
for the blessings he's poured out on me?
I'll lift high the cup of salvation—a toast to God!
I'll pray in the name of God;
I'll complete what I promised God I'd do,
and I'll do it together with his people.
When they arrive at the gates of death,
God welcomes those who love him.
Oh, God, here I am, your servant,
your faithful servant: set me free for your service!
I'm ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice
and pray in the name of God.
I'll complete what I promised God I'd do,
and I'll do it in company with his people,
In the place of worship, in God's house,
in Jerusalem, God's city.
Hallelujah!

====================================================
Observation
I simply love it to the max. I love how David cried out to Father without much hesitance. I see Davids' courage and above all, OPENNESS. He hid nothing from Father. David wanted to let God knows how he feel inside. David is indeed an open book in front of God. :)

I see that David truly trusted Father to avenge on his behalf. David knew deep within that Father can saved him from the pit of death. David allowed Father to take the lead in bringing him out from trouble. Indeed, Father, out of his sovereignty, faithfulness, rescued David. How beautiful is this relationship here. The son depends on His Father. :) The son trusts His Father to stand up for him. And the Father heard and ACT swiftly, delivering his Son. :)

David wrote his psalm as an act of reverance and love for God. He wanted people like me and many others to hold hope and trust the Lord as He did. He wanted me to know that Father has indeed hear me and will come to my rescue. He wanted me to also celebrate in advance for He knew that God will deliver my soul from death, my eyes from tears and my feet from stumbling. Indeed, My God is YahWeh who rules forever and ever and ever.

Application
- Relationship with Father = Openness, courage to tell God how we are feeling inside, God is trustworthy, God will deliver us from pit of suffering, Gods' name is to be praised and worshipped both now and forever more, we love God by fulfilling the work that He has called us towards together with our people...........

Prayer
Father Lord, I will hold true to my identity as your daughter. Just like David, I will be opened to you, revealing all that is in my heart. Indeed, you have deliver me from the pit of suffering.. You are in the process of justifying me.. :) Father, I will place my trust in you, knowing that you are the one who will rescue me. Father, I pray for wisdom to differentiate the truth. U say that your truth shall set me FREE. Father, open my eyes to see, ears to hear and mouth to speak words to truth and that are life-giving. I ask for peace, u know, that kind of peace that only you can give. Thank you for loving me to bits. :) I want to see the truth... I want to be set free..:)

Loving you always,
Doreen C.

No comments: