Friday, December 3, 2010

Mercy before judgment

Dear God,

I have learn that you truly love us. You love me and many of my friends to bits. Your love is selfless. I cannot believe that you love me so much to willingly sacrifice your son to die on my behalf? What have I done to deserve this? Deep within, I know that I have done nothing but you have first love me.

I have learn that my life amount to nothing without you. It is completely meaningless if I do not have relationship with you. It is like the branch of a tree. How could the flower bear fruits if is is cut off from the source of water and nutrient that comes only from the root. Father, you are that root. How can the flowers sustain the heat of the sun, attacks from the insects if they do not receive resources from the root? Father, you are the root.

I have learn that I am not perfect. You died for me when I was the worst of the sinners. Tell me, if this is not senseless love. This love is growing less and less in the world. Your love far superseed the kind of love that is of this world. Father, Jesus came to accept and love me, not to condemn me when I was blind. Therefore, who am I to judge others. Oh please, I am no God. If God does not do it, who am I to judge others.

I have learn that you are merciful. You are a God of many chances. You ONLY judge (discipline) when we go beyond repentance. For you say, obedience is better than sacrifice. You say that you will forgive us when we repent. Father, seek in me, show me what I need to change so that I can be like you.

I want to be a part of your story. Father, show me and guide me. I want to go back to the heart of worship that truly matters to you.

Loving you always,
Doreen ;)

No comments: