Thursday, May 5, 2011

Halleluyah

What a crazy week. Ive never danced so much in a week, in my entire life. Danced for 1.5hrs on Sat, 3hrs on Sun and 4hrs on Monday night. By the end of Monday, I was soooo tired. But, the feeling was GREAT. :)

Here I am again, on a lovely Thursday morning, a day after my weekly Wednesday night dancing class. :) Am recuperating physically and am loving my time, drawing upon the word of the Lord.

Todays' scriptures are:
i) 2 Samuel 8, 9, 10
ii) 1 Chronicles 18, 19, 20
iii) Psalm 20
iv) Matthew 21, 22

**************************************************************************************************
Scriptures

Psalm 20:4-5
"May He give you the desire of your heart
and make all your plans succeed.
We will shout for joy when you are victorious
and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the Lord grant all your requests".


Matthew 21:22
"If you believe, you will receive whatever you asked for in prayer".


Observations
i) King David requested God to give him success in his battles. He asked in boldness and in great faith, trusting that Gods' favour is with Him. Indeed, God was with him in all of his battles. Davids' heart was with God. This was seen from how David offered all the plunder to God at the end of each victory. This psalm gives us encouragement and hope, believing that God will be the one who will fulfill the desire that is in our heart. A desire that is in accordance to His purpose.

ii) Jesus challenged His disciples to ask in boldness and faith in the things of Gods' Kingdom. God listens and will grant our prayers that are in alignment to His purpose.

Application
i) First and foremost before I ask God, I need to know that what I'm asking for, is in alignment with His purpose. At the moment, I am going through "battles" that was not of great urgency but there are things that I am asking God for. For example, a car. My next question is, do I really need one? I know that God is a God who cares for all things, which include what we need and desire. How about necessity such as a car?

What do I need a car for?
i) To travel to my dance practices (Hawthorn, Kew) - Every Sundays from now until October
ii) To travel to my dance practices (Southbank/City) - Every Saturdays (2 Trimester)
iii) To travel to work and from work. Usually, I need a car to go home when I stayed late at work.
iv) Ease of bringing my dance stuff and laptops.

Which car should I get?
i) Honda Jazz 2010
Pro
- Near new
- Spacious
- Economical

Con
- Total Cost: $15K. Slightly expensive by $2K
- High maintenance cost?

ii) Holden Barina Spark
Pro
- New
- Affordable cost
- Low maintenance cost

Con
- Very small
- Dislike the clutch handling


iii) Toyota
Pro
- Less $$$
- More space
- Low Maintenance Cost

Con
- Old car

Prayer
Lord, I offer this desire to you. Father, you alone know whether this is worth consuming my time. Father, I have seen the Honda Jazz two days in a row. Father, can you guide and direct me. Father I know you care for the big things as well as the small things in my life. Father, all that I do, let it be in accordance to your purpose for me. Father, I do not want to worry but I trust that you will show me the way. I trust in you.


Loving you always,
Doremi

No comments: