Friday, May 6, 2011

Posture of my heart

Oh my, I'm glad that my school work is chugging smoothly. This is actually an "understatement". I am using the word "smoothly" in faith. :):):) Or a better scenario of how I am holding on now is kinda similar to a "duck in a pond". On the surface, she looks calm and happily spending her time on the pond but from the view of her cute tiny feet, she is frantically moving her tiny feet just to stay afloat. :) :) :) Hahahaha It's not that bad really. I believe we are made to face and withstand challenges. As in the scripture, we are MORE THAN CONQUEROR. :)

What's for breakfast today, Lord?
- 2 Samuel 11-12; Psalm 51; Matthew 23

Scriptures
- "But the thing that David had done displeased the LORD" 2 Samuel 11:27

- "Create in me a PURE heart, O God,
and RENEW a STEADFAST SPIRIT within me." Psalm 51:11

- "The sacrifices of GOD are a BROKEN SPIRIT;
a broken and CONTRITE heart,
O God you will not despise." Psalm 51:17


Observation
- It happened in spring which was the time where King David would normally joined his armies for battle against Israelites' enemies. Instead he stayed home to rest. He followed the lust of his eyes and slept with Bathsheba. King David fell deeper and deeper into sin where he tried to manipulate Uriah to sleep with his wife (Bathsheba) and when unsuccessful, he came up with an evil scheme to have Uriah killed in the frontline. A letter was sent to His commanding army, Joab to place Uriah at that position where the fight was at its worst. Uriah died and King David took Bathsheba as his concubine.
It is scary when we allow sin to creep in slowly into our life. When we fail to take notice of it or brush it aside intentionally, the sin will eventually grow bigger and eat us up. It is just like having a python as a pet. It may be cute and adorable in the beginning but when its size overshadow us, we will be eaten up by it.

- Psalm 51 was written by King David as a psalm of repentance for the sin that he did. I can see that David truly repented from his heart and he sincerely regretted the crimes that he committed. After he was rebuked by Nathan, the sin that so greatly blinded him was revealed in the light. I am amazed that God will not allow us to continue with our sin and truly, it is because of his love for David, Nathan was sent to rebuke him. God forgave David but not without consequences though.

Application
In all that I do, I want to seek first His direction. This goes the same to the dance item that I am involved in. At the end of day, the dances that I do is to reflect his glory and not vice-versa.

Prayer
Father, please continue to guide me. See right through me and reveal to me what I need to be aware of. Sometimes I may be "blinded" by my own desires and therefore, I need you, Holy Spirit to reveal my actions to me. Just as you say, your sheeps know your voice. I do.

Loving you,
Your beloved....

No comments: