Thursday, May 12, 2011

Heart of a true worshipper

No wonder I have been feeling so "dry" these few days. I have been longing to spend some quality time with Father and I was simply too busy to set aside this precious moment. Oh man, I can feel the downside already. Therefore, no matter how busy I am, I lock this time to sit by His side and draw from my Lord. :)

Scriptures
"You are my lamp, O Lord
the Lord turns my darkness into light." 2 Samuel 22:29

"It it God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect." 2 Samuel 22:33

"The Lord lives! Praise be to my ROCK!
Exalted be God, the ROCK, my Saviour!" 2 Samuel 22:47

"The God of Israel spoke,
the ROCK of Israel said to me:
When one rules over men in righteousness,
when he rules in fear of God,
he is light of morning at sunrise,
on a cloudless morning,
like the brightness after rain
that brings the grass from the earth". 2 Samuel 23: 3-4



Observation
King David certainly knew how to praise God to the max. When His Kingdom prospered, He praised God. When He was hard-pressed, He praised God. In all situation, He worshipped and praised God. He knew that God is the one who is in control of ALL things. He knew that there would always be HOPE no matter whether Death is at his door step.

I am amazed by his faith and hope in God. Many of us will blame God for our suffering and when we prosper, God is far away from our mind.

Application
I want to be like David.

Prayer
God, there is many things to do now. God I pray that I will not be too busy and forgets you. Father, thank you for your love and provision. Thank you for holding me when I am weak. In all things, guide and direct me. I am here, my Lord. Waiting for you.
Wanting you. Loving you.

Dodolemi

No comments: