Thursday, February 19, 2009

To be loved.....

Scriptures (Songs of Solomon 1:7-8)

Beloved (Beautiful Maiden)
7 Tell me, you whom I love, where you graze your flock
and where you rest your sheep at midday.
Why should I be like a veiled woman
beside the flocks of your friends?

Friends

8 If you do not know, most beautiful of women,
follow the tracks of the sheep
and graze your young goats
by the tents of the shepherds.

Observation
This book depicts the loving relationship between King Solomon and this beautiful maiden. The "friends" is another group that supports the forming of this relationship. It is beautiful. From what I observed, the maiden is wanting to get to know King Solomon and she is seeking ways to be with him. Here, the friends are directing her to do just that. :)

For a healthy relationship to grow, it must be supported by the love and care of the community even from a very early stage of courtship. The community can be close and trusted friends/families who journey with the couple. No couples are meant to stand alone as when storms come, the community are the one who will provide a place of refuge for the couple. To be more specific, when a couple faces problem, whether a relationship breaks or grow, the input/support/encouragement from the community are very crucial. External parties (matured and who have been journeying with the couples) are able to see "clearer" and provide helpful feedback to the couple during time of conflict.

No wonder Joey always encourages us to be surrounded by the community so that we will not end up in our tiny world.

Application
I realise the value of close and trusted people whom I can get support and love from. External parties are able to see through the conflict. I realise the importance of building long lasting relationship with this people. It is very important to build relationship not only between me and Joey but with my community. It is very important to be accountable to them as well.

Now, I truly understand why God wants us to form a healthy relationship internally and outwardly. It is for His glory that His people stands together and support one another during time of chaos.

Prayer
Father, I thank you for your counsel. Indeed, you are above all things. Yes, father, you have bring people like Auntie Kim and my mom to show me a bigger picture than just the conflict on its own. The enemy wants us to HOLD onto it but you wants us to BREAK our past and be free. Indeed, I will do my best to hold on to you and also to cherish the relationships that you have placed around me. Let me not take them for granted but to love them like you do and how they do to me.

Thank you Father, for bringing them to me to make me wiser as a woman in a relationship. Yes, I will keep on learning and growing to partner with you and Joey.

Loving you always,
Dodo..:)

No comments: