Tuesday, February 9, 2010

True beauty comes from the heart

Scripture
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things human beings look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

Observation
Mom was with me this morning. We were talking about the importance of inner beauty compare to one who is only beautiful outwardly. I believe that inner beauty lies with the character of a person, which is more important than external beauty. What is the point of having a beautiful face yet the heart is filled with envy, contempt and pride.

The Lord has commanded Samuel to go and anoint the new king. When Samuel was in the house of Jesse, he thought that the first person he saw would be the anointed one. Samuel looked at his striking appearance but the Lord said that he is not the one. The Lord looks at our heart compare to many of us who sometimes tend to judge the book by its cover.

Application
In all the things that I do, I want to see things by faith. I do know that God has given me the ability to look deeper within a persons character than just a beautiful/striking appearance. This, together with the Lords' guidance, I will choose to see a person in accordance to how God sees them.

Prayer
Dear Papa, thank you for your wisdom. Yes, please help me to see like you do. I pray for wisdom that is above my years. I pray for guidance and love. I pray for a teachable heart as well. I pray to constantly build and grow in my character and not to focus too much on my outward appearance. Show me what it means to age gracefully. :)

In love with my creator,
Doremi

No comments: