Saturday, February 6, 2010

Leader: The Heart of Obedience

Scripture
1 Samuel 14

Saul, Saul, O Saul. He is tall and good-looking. A perfect fit that looks like a king. But, he fails to uphold his kingship. Due to his disobedience, jealousy and rashness, he looses his kingship to a man who is after Gods' own heart. This man is David, the shepherd.

These are the things that caused a lot of things:
The leadership of a man depends entirely on his spiritual walk with God. When we see a failure in leadership, this means that there is a spiritual decay in one.

Obedience leads to many sacrifices but sacrifice does not mean it is done out of obedience. In all his action, Saul would only turned to God at the last minute unlike the priests. Saul was rashed in his decision-making. He did not admit his fault even when he made a wrong choice.

Application
I know that God has called me to build his creative ministry. I am slowly working on this area. God knows the desire of my heart (to be M) and just like King David, I want to trust in the Lord to fulfill it according to His timing, not mine. Obedience is better than sacrifice. :)

Dear Lord, I want to surrender my heart desires onto your hand. I do not want to be one that is impatient and do things at your expense. It will always results in hurting someone. I believe in your great plan and I want to partner with you. Father, may you continue to guide me and mold me. I would choose to obey you, place my trust in you in regardless. I surrender my will according to yours alone.

Loving you to bits,
your one and only...:)

No comments: