Thursday, March 25, 2010

Consequences of making the wrong choices

Ive just read the aftermath of King Davids' fall. Just like any other men, he forgot his purposes and hence, fell to the trap of seduction and selfish needs, of desiring someone who does not belong to him in the first place. Because of his short term gratification, it resulted in murder and family feud down the generations. King David repented from his sins yet he need to face the consequences of his choices. 2 Samuel 11-13

Some of the questions that prod me are below:
i) What about my previous sins that I have committed?
ii) Do I have to face the consequences like David did?

It has indeed been a while. One thing for sure is that I know papa has forgiven me and embraced me back then. He has never fail to guide me in all the ways that I should go. In fact, He redeem me and am bringing me into this journey of true purpose and freedom to be what I am meant to be. He has given me an identity, a sense of belonging, of purpose, of destiny. He has NOT given me senseless expectations to meet but he has given me HOPE and COURAGE, LOVE and PURPOSE, JOY and PURE FREEDOM.

Papa, how I long to be near you. I long for your PEACE that surpasses all human understanding. I long to know your heart desire. Papa, I pray that I will not be too far away from you till I forget what it's like to hear from you. I am grateful for my families, friends and many people whom had crossed path with me. Papa, give me a heart that desire you. Make me into a woman who is after your very own heart. How that is going to work, I'm not sure but this is what I am praying for now. You say when I seek you, you will fulfill it. This, I believe so.

Much love,
Doremi..:)

No comments: