Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lazy Day

I would call today a lazy day.

There is so many homework piling up at the back of my mind and just the thought of it, make me feel so pressurized.
Hence, I declare today "A Day of Rest" for myself.


What Ive done so far:

i) Read Heng Khuens' blog (Life to the Full)
- I love his stories. It is all a "thumbs up" quality. Do check it out. It will blow your mind away. :)


ii) Spent a jolly good time reading the Bible.

- Today chapters were on 2 Samuel 2, Psalm 142 and two more. Gods' word truly brings me to another level of serenity and peace deep within. I pray that many will come to know Him. There is so many things to learn and gain insight in. His word gives me hope, strength, peace and hope. *Selah

iii) Slept the whole afternoon away
-Nothing beats the idea of napping the time away. After my date, I slept until 4.00pm. How good is that? You should try this sometime. :)



What I am looking forward to the rest of the night:

i) Yummilicious Dinner (Duckie duckie porkie porkie)
I want to enjoy doing what I like and that is to watch a movie. I hope there is a good one on TV tonite. Jo is buying back "Roast Duck cum Roast Skin Pork" from the city after work and I am going to be creative and try out a new soup recipe. It is called "The GRAND Spinach with fish balls with Chinese Oysters and Soft Boiled Eggs with Fish anchovies as the base". Gulp! Hope it taste good.. :) *Finger cross*

Oh yes, we are very much still good friends. It is amazing how Gods' grace lives within us. I chose "life" instead of "death" choices. The latter choice leads to anger, self-pity, distancing oneself from the other person while the first option leads to the ability to see beyond ones' hurt, forgiveness, embrace, love and hope for the other person. Therefore, I can summarize it as this:

To have "life"
-> We chose to lay down our lives for the other person
-> We chose to love and forgive
-> We chose to embrace and hold hope in the Lord and in the other person

To have "death"
-> We chose to only see our own pain, regrets, and the years wasted (It is all about Me, Myself & I)
-> We chose to distance ourselves away from the person and similar situation (ie Building a Wall of Suffocation)
-> We chose to blame God for everything.

Your know what, I choose "Life" and paradise that God has promised me. :) God's way is a narrow path but it is where FREEDOM, LOVE and HOPE are found.

I hope that you choose the path that leads to LIFE as I have chosen mine in regardless of the pain and suffering. God has come not to give us a happy and meaningless life but to give us a truly remarkable, self-less life that is so worth the suffering and pain. He promise to bring us through it without forsaking us at all.

Thank you Father Abba for your love and peace. Just as you have forgiven me, I will also forgive others. Show me how to love, have compassion and embrace others just as how you have done so when I was beyond hope.

Loving you always,
Doreen C.

No comments: