Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Lord

My Lord, My Lord, there is none like you.

I desire to keep my relationship with Father daily. Without His words of wisdom and peace, my day is imperfect. At the same time, I make sure that I do not do this out of obligation but to really want to know Him more and more each day. His words are good to my soul. Without His words and guidance, all that I do is meaningless.

Today Ive learnt one thing about love, forgiveness and compassion for your enemies. Ive learnt it from King David in 2 Samuel 1. Both Saul and Jonathan were dead. Saul used to chase and hunt after King David although he was innocent both in men and Gods' eyes. Saul became insane in jealousy as he knew that David will be crowned after Him. He was far from God. Since his death, David and his men mourned for him and David even composed a song for the Kings' anointed.

Such is Davids' Godly characters that he had from the years of building his relationship with God. He knows that God also continues to pour out unconditional love and compassion to his rebellious children and forgive them. David emulated Gods' personalities.

From Psalm 140, David was seeking God for help to protect Him from the evil people. From the psalm, David knows that God secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. He knew that God will be his deliverer and protect him from the evil ones. I am amazed by his complete trust in God and utter dependance on God to act on his behalf. David only moved after He consulted Gods' directions. This, I like very much to follow as well.


What do I want to do out from this?
- To love, forgive those who have wrong me.
- To emulate Gods' character as above
- To run to God for protection and deliverance every time I am placed in an ugly situation. My hope and trust are build in the solid foundation of my relationship with Christ alone.
- I am secure in Him
- I am cherish and love by Him deeply.

Prayer
My Lord, there is none like you. Lord, thank you for your directions and model such as King David. Indeed, this world may be ugly but there is hope. My hope is in you and there is where the light will overpower all mini darkness that are meant to sway me away from this journey that you have for me. Father, I will listen to the small still voice within me and Father, my ears are open, my eyes are open, my heart is ready. Father, let me know judge but to surrender the act of judging others unto your hand. You are the judge, my role is to love and support. Father, teach me to be quiet and speak only when necessary and to speak words that exalt others. I see how David never speak badly of Saul but always uphold Saul even in front of his warriors. I want to be like that. The only time when I vent will be with you only. During these moments, I can be free to say anything I like with you. Father, see right through me and teach me. Show me. Guide me.

Loving you always,
Doremi :)

No comments: