Thursday, January 7, 2010

My day today

Woke up after I dreamt about JC & another church friend. Woke up feeling uneasy but God gave me a scripture. Genesis 2:23
How faithful is our God.

Went to work, long day. Has meeting in the morning. All went short and sweet but it was not as meaningful as when TG is leading a meeting. Interesting.


Met up with my sis' friend. She is hopeful to be married say in June this year after 3 months of dating this man from a prestigious church in S. Interesting encounter with her. I observed that not many people are very open when sharing about personal things. This is one of them. I shared something really personal about my family but the conversation was changed almost instantly. One wonder why.

Got back to work. Had a very direct conversation with EK and she took it very well. I like the extent of maturity and the spirit of teamwork in our office. Thank God that TG has formed us inside out from day one. Brave, TG. :)

Went swimming with CT, EK, DA at MAC and had dinner with them + SL & WL. They looked good and loving together. Was sleepy at the end of dinner.

Reached home and saw a spider on my wall. Tried to vacuum but it stuck to the wall. Finally, managed to lure in unto my vacuum hose and fling it out to the night.

Received a txt from AW to confirm our outing tomorrow. Txt back to say that Ive got 3 hours to spare. Received a txt asking to make it next week. Txt said that I may not as I will be busy with work before my overseas trip. AW called at 12.30am in the middle of the night. Oh, I'm so gonna get it from my housemate. AW is wanting to catch up with me according to her wishes but Ive given the options of what I can and what I can't. Hence, start the blame shame game. This time I make the choice not to follow her wishes as before. To me, friendship is equal and I do not believe in having to constantly meet the expectations of the other party. I do not wish for Friendship Boundariless Part 2 to happen again her. Grace given when not taken as grace will be like pearls given to a herd of pigs who trampled at the sight of the pearls. So, Ive stand firm and put my boundaries of what I can give and what I will not give. Hence, this not taken well. After much rising of voice and blame, shame game, the conversation was cut short when the other party realised that she is not getting her way into me. Barely a short time after this, received a "Private Call" when a very brief sarcastic remark, "What a Good Christian you are". Oh well, my thoughts are this," Its ok. I won't take this personally because I know where I stand". Nevertheless, I forward this to my dear friend,
"AW dear, I would like to be and have always been your friend since day one. But, I won't be able to meet up with your expectations. After you have cool down, we can resume what we have left off. Love, Doreen."

Ta-Dah, that's my day for ya.. :)

Lord God, may all the things that I do brings glory back to you. Give me wisdom and love to make the choice that is lifegiving.

Lov,
Doreen C.

No comments: