Thursday, January 13, 2011

2nd Day of Praise & Worship

Woke up to the sound of rain water pattering on the window sill. God is GOOD, as always. :) This I proclaimed from deep within. Indeed, I feel this sense of tremendous JOY when I worship my beloved GOD. ;) Who say God is not real? Lord, humble us and open our eyes to you alone. ;):):):)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: What is Dancing Before The Lord? (Continuing from the book "Dance Before the Lord")

My notes:
Dancing
- mechowlah (Hebrew) => round dance

Praise
- is a physical demonstration to God in a
shout, a song, hand clapping or waiving, and dancing.

Dance
- to turn, twist, move in the round, skip and leap.

David danced with ALL HIS MIGHT (2 Samuel 6:14 - 15)
- indicates wild movement of the feet with efforts at leaping perhaps.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i) Compare the scriptural examples of dancing to worldly dancing. How would you characterized the difference(s) between the two?

Worship Dance
- Dance for God
- To give God the glory for what he has done in our lives; (for who is he, his protection, his healing)
- Humbling to the point of making us foolish

Worldly Dance
- Dance for self and to impress others (through sensuous and degrading body language
- Self-absorption leads to pride; everything must be of a standard



ii) Write down the scriptures presented in this chapter. Spend some time looking at them. Meditate on them. Let these words of God dwell in your heart.

(a) Singing and shouting often accompanied dancing

Be glad in the LORD,
and REJOICE, ye righteousness:
and SHOUT FOR JOY,
all ye that are UPRIGHT IN HEART. "Psalm 32:11



(b) Deliverance from enemies (first dancing song in the Bible)

I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously:
the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation:
he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation;
my father's God, and I will exalt him. (Ex 15:1-2)


- reference to the timbrel sounds
And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. (Psalm 150:4)


(c) Restoration of the ark of covenant

And David danced before the Lord with ALL HIS MIGHT; and
David was girded with a linen ephod.
So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of
the LORD with shouting and the sound of trumpet. (2 Samuel 6:14-15)


(d) Healing of the lame man

And he leaping up stood,
and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping and praising God. (Acts 3:8)



iii) Make a list of the reasons why the people in the Scriptures you just read, danced. How many reasons on your list are ungodly? How many are godly?

Reasons as written above.
All of them are godly. All danced to praise God for all that He has done in their lives. God come to have relationship with us, deliver us from our enemies, to heal and to protect us.


iv) Since human motivation is an essential key in dancing as praise, perhaps you should inventory your own reason(s) for dancing and for not dancing. Write this list in your study journal to pray over.

For Dancing
- to worship God
- to bring glory to God
- to be a light and salt out there.


For Not Dancing
- lack of motivation
- distraction with other things; hence giving less time to worship God
- plain lazy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Prayers

Dear Father Abba, thank you for this life, this opportunity to dance before your throne. Father, I want to know more of you, to deny self and to live for a greater cause/purpose. Father, my life has been bought at a price, of your son. Father, I pray that my eyes will be for you and my security comes from you ALONE. Father, I trust that you will protect me from harm and even if I am in one, you always lift me above the storm. :):):) Father, I surrender my relationship, work, ministry, family and all that I am holding unto you alone. Father, I prayed for the salvation of my dad, big sis and family, mer mer and alvin and the rest of my extended family, friends (k and f). Father, I pray that you will send your people to be a representative of who you are in their lives. Father, I want to uphold CS and family unto your hand. Pls be their provider, Jehovah Jireh in their family.

Father, I also would like to pray for the many who are suffering at Queensland and Brisbane. They have lost their home, their identities and even loved ones. Father, please protect them and they will find you, love and support from the community during this time of chaos. Father, I want to uphold Roshan, Euge, Jason, Tims' families who are staying there unto your hand. Protect them from harm, from loss of property. Father, please do not test them beyond what they can bear.

In you alone, my Father Abba.
Your beloved,
Doreen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Praise & Worship
i) His LOVE


ii) At the CROSS


iii) With All I Am

No comments: