Thursday, January 20, 2011

Be Holy Just as I AM HOLY

19th Jan 2011

God is good. He reveals the truth to me. Indeed, when we eagerly seek Him, he will reveal himself to us. Was praying during the flight and my best friend led me to page 84 of this booklet that I am reading, "Jesus Freak". The following scripture stands out for me.

1 Peter 5:10-11
And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Indeed God will refresh, strengthen, and make me stand on firm ground from my sufferings. Indeed, at the end of day, I believe that I have heard my Lord and have obeyed him since day one when my prayers were answered 3 years ago. Indeed, may all glory be unto you, My Lord.

==============================================================
Today: 20th Jan 2011

Today begins the 1st day of the rest of my life. Woke up at around 7am+ in KL. I feel a sense of joy and freedom now that I am home. Indeed, the joy of being close to God and my family is priceless.


Scripture
"Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:13

Observation
What does it truly means to be holy just as how God is holy. Holy is define by purity and all the unblemish goodness and glory that only God has. So, how to we, his children be just like the Father since we are born to be sinners. One fantastic role model that I can think of is Jesus. He is God and Man at the same time. He is born unto Mary and share all the up and downs of being a human. One thing that I can see from his life is how he constantly spend time with Father alone. This is what we believe as prayer, in the modern term.

Jesus spent this time to openly communed with Father. Just like the Father, the son (Jesus) only does what the Father do. So, if I am the daughter to my Father in Heaven, I can be like Jesus too. To be holy just like Father, who is Holy.

To be involved in my past sins, are like forgotting how I look like from the moment I left the mirror. How could I say that I am "Christ-Follower" or claim to be the children of God when my actions are the opposite of who my Father is? I can not go back to how I was in the past for I am a new being now, since I devoted my life to be a part of this Kingdom.


Application
Therefore, just as I am married to this family, I will obey wholeheartedly with love, of the ways of God. Men follow the desire of their flesh but us, as the representative of Christ, follow the desire of the Father, who is our Creator.

Obedience is better than sacrifice. We cannot oppose God and to think that we can, is just plain silly or ignorance.


Prayers
My Lord, my Lord, just as you are holy, I will be too. I know that there is so many things for me to learn and unlearn but I don't have to worry because I know you are with me.:) Father, when I am weak, u strengthen me. When I seek you wholeheartedly, you reveal yourself to me. Yes, Father, I pursue your ways. I desire to remain you because of this amazing Father and daugther loving relationship. My hope is in you.

Loving you always,
Dodo

No comments: