Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beautiful 4th Day

I want to know what it means to be worry-free. Woke up at 8am and I need more sleep. Facebooked for a while and went back to sleep. I think I really need to get back to a normal sleeping routine. It will certainly do good for my well-being. In just a few days time, I will be home. Agh, just the thought of it makes me shiver. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Notes

I am reading chapter 5: HE will Rejoice! Halleluyah. :)

Knowing God is ever present in and with us is the comforting factor all Christians have through our situations, both good and bad. Many scriptures reaffirm that He is with us:"the LORD, is in the midst of thee" and "The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is MIGHTY". Praise the Lord. :)

The Lord does dance! And the best part is that He dances over us! His children! We have already been reconciled to Him - our judgments have been taken away, the enemy is under our feet, the Lord is with us, Christ assured the ultimate defeat of evil in His redemptive work. (Dryden: page 53)


Scriptures

Sing, O daughter of Zion; SHOUT, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
The LORD has taken away thy judgments, he has cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shall not see evil any more (Zephaniah 3:14-15)

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is MIGHTY;
HE will SAVE,
HE will REJOICE over thee with JOY;
HE will REST in HIS LOVE,
HE will JOY OVER THEE WITH SINGING. (Zephaniah 17)

GOD hath spoken in his holiness;
I will REJOICE,
I will DIVIDE Shechem,
and mete out the valley of Succoth. (Psalm 60:6 and 108:7)

The LORD shall REJOICE in his works. (Psalm 104:31)



Questions

i) What is our Lord like?
- He is mighty, He is my Saviour, He is compassionate and merciful, He forgives and am patient, He loves all created things and am willing to send his one and only son to die on behalf the sins of humanity.

ii) Did the above from Scripture, your imagination, or was it passes on to you by your family, church, or some significant other?
- The above come from my reading of the Bible, during Bible Study and also the evidences of who he is the as described above, through my personal relationship with him.

(iii) What kind of limitations does your portrait place on Christ? Truth limitations like His unchangeableness or inability to lie, or others? What is the source of these constraints?
- I think it limits my understanding that God can be fun-filled as well. It seems that the God that I am portraying is a serious God. Source that comes from within which tries to place God in a box.

iv) If our Lord dances over us, why should we refuse to dance in praise of Him?
Of course. I will dance alongside my beloved Father. That is for sure. :)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Praise & Worship



i) Power of your Love (Rebecca St James)


This song comes at a surprise. It is different from the normal conventional style that I have to know. Praise God for creativity among his people. :) I would love to sing and dance freely to this song. Freedom is the key word that Ive got from this song. Praise God for this life.:)



ii) There is None Like You (Don Moen)



Dancing to this song gives me the freedom to truly understand the depth of love that God has for me. ;) This make me think twice of putting most of my affections on all other living things beside God. Indeed, the love that God has for me cannot be compare to the love that is on this earth.

No comments: