Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Listening Ears

Listening Ears Edit 02:57PM Wednesday 05 Nov '08
Scripture (Proverbs 12)

25 Anxiety weighs down the heart,
but a kind word cheers it up.

27 The lazy do not roast [b] any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.


Observation
- Anxiety is usually cause by fear. Anxiety stops one from truly living in freedom. When one is surrounded by anxiety, they usually do not see a way out; hopelessness drives he/she to look inward and sometimes, the problem is magnify more than it is meant to be.

Where does "a kind word" comes from?
It usually comes from someone who cares for us. Someone who work with us. Someone whom we are in relationship with ie: partners/friends. That is why it is so important for each of us to journey together with someone. That is why we are never meant to cultivate individualism or to be a lone ranger. God places people around us to support us when we are not able to cope with circumstances. We need people. We desire to have supportive relationships.

- Laziness, laziness. Where does it comes from? Is it intentional or simply out of ignorance? As written in the Gods' word, it clearly states the consequences of laziness. Those who are lazy will loose out while the diligent ones will feast on the fruits of his/her labour.


Application
-I'm glad that Ive friends to turn to. People whom I can trust to pour out to. I'm glad that Ive intentionally chose to build relationships with those whom God has placed around me. I see the reason now as opposed to previous years. I particularly want to say thank A. Kim, Joey, Tracy.... for being there when I needed them most. Thank you for your wisdom, listening ears and love. :)

- I want to "roast" my hunt and share the fruits of my labour. *full stop*


Prayer
Lord God, I will obey you. You are the reason why I'm here. Father, continue to guide me. I'm listening.

Loving you,
Doreen C.

No comments: