Thursday, November 27, 2008

To obey You

It is my heart desire to obey the Lord. I do not want to go about doing things that I believe is good for my eyes, my mind, my desire of my flesh but I want to honour my Lord by seeking Him first above all things.

Thus, when I'm spending time with Him this afternoon, I specifically put aside all the things that need my urgent attention. I want to place him first. I want to know my Lord.

God is true to His word. When we open our hearts to seek after His ways, He will show us the way.

Hence, this is what He has reveal to me.

Isaiah 8: 6-8

6"Because this people has rejected
the gently flowing waters of Shiloah
and rejoices over Rezin
and the son of Remaliah,

7 therefore the Lord is about to bring against them
the mighty floodwaters of the River -
the king of Assyria with all his pomp.

8 and sweep on into Judah, swirling over it,
passing through it and reaching up to the neck.
Its outspread wings will cover the breadth of your land,
O Immanuel!

My observation for the above is Isaiah is proclaiming the destruction of Jerusalem because Gods' people chose to reject the gentle guidance from Him. In another word, the people made a choice not to obey Gods' loving guidance and gentle care but chose to go about to do what they think is best for them.

As a result, Gods' used discipline to discipline his children. He used the enemy as a tool to bring His people back to humility and dependance on Him. We know that eventually, Jerusalem was invaded, and God's people was capture as exile. As a result of their willful pride, they lost their land.

Whatever that does not brings life to his children, a loving father will have to discipline his children, so that they will once more come into an ongoing relationship with Him.


--------------
I do know that there is something that I have to let go. I do know that my Pap wants me to let go the root of of weaknesses to Him. Therefore, I will. My choice now is to let go and spend time building my life. I do know that being in a relationship is one part of my bigger picture in life. I can and I will guard this freedom that the Lord wants me to dwell and grow stronger in. We are two individual put together as one to build His Kingdom. Relationship between a man and a woman is never meant to be inward-looking but to be outward looking and each of us have the responsibility to continue to seek the Lord to know what are the core things that this relationship is building on, to know what He wants both of us to be, to do and to look forward to.

--------------
Father, I thank you that you are so loving and caring. You are my Lord and really, I do not want to box u in my selfish desire. In all the things that you have given me, I do not want to hold tightly. I treasure you, my giver, not my gift. You are more valuable than other temporal things.

Therefore, Papa.. my heart is where you will dwell in. I will surrender all. I will cherish you. I will love you. I will adore you. I will obey you. I will fear you. I will stand here. I will be ready.

Loving you.
Doremi

No comments: