Friday, September 11, 2009

To Stand Apart from the ways of the world

Scripture
8 But Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine, and he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself this way. Daniel 1:8

Observation
Daniel was among the Israelites who were brought as exile to Babylon. Although he was surrounded and most likely be influenced by the Babylonians cultures and lifestyles, he remains strong in his identity as a true worshipper of the ONE true God. He chose not to defile himself by eating the royal food, which may be ceremonially slaughter through the Babylonians' customs.

I am truly amazed by his strong conviction that he had. He love God more than the fear of men. He stayed through to his identity as God child instead of following the ways of the crowd. As a result of his conviction, many others follow through as well. I can also see that when he place God first, Gods' favour is upon him and his friends.

Application
- I need to revisit my identity
- I will be bold and strong
- I will do what is pleasing to His eyes.

Prayer
Lord God, just like Daniel, I want to make a choice to honour you above myself. I do not want to be following what others are doing but I want to follow your ways. I do this because I love you, not because it is a law that you set. Father, give me the strength to hold on to this. :)

Loving you always,
Doreen C.

No comments: