Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To dare to ask

Scripture
39 Then Gideon said to God, "Do not be angry with me. Let me make just one more request. Allow me one more test with the fleece, but this time make the fleece dry and let the ground be covered with dew." 40 That night God did so. Only the fleece was dry; all the ground was covered with dew.

Observation
Gideon tested Gods' twice with the fleece. On both occasion, God was patient and answered Him. To many, it seems that Gideon lack faith/trust in God. This is very true. Nevertheless, one thing that interest me more is HIS COURAGE in asking God not only once, but twice so that he can rest assured Gods' promise will come to pass.

Application
God is secure and patient. He knows us inside out. He wants us to challenge him and not just remain on the passive side. I begin to realise that God wants us to "test" Him, not for the sake of proving His greatness but for our sake. God knows our faithlessness and he loves it when we dare to step out in faith to ask for more.
If we are too afraid to "ask" of Him, I see this as a passive relationship, not a two-way relationship.

I want to be truthful, to grow in my relationship with my Father. I want to know Him through asking Him what I desire in my heart. Fear in a relationship means that love has not mature. Where there is love, there is no fear.

Prayer
Lord God, thank you for opening my eyes once more. Yes, I desire to know you more, to see your promises come true.

Loving you,
Doreen C.

No comments: