Friday, June 26, 2009

Faith

Scripture

John 20:28-29

28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 21:3-6
3"I'm going out to fish," Simon Peter told them, and they said, "We'll go with you." So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.
4Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

5He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?"
"No," they answered.

6He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Observation
a) This is the time where Thomas is called the Doubting Thomas. Although the other disciples told him that Jesus had returned, he is the one who say that in order for him to believe that is to see Jesus in person. His requests was fulfilled by Jesus. Jesus completed it by saying to those who does not need to see him as a living proof, is already blessed. Jesus is opting for those who live by faith, not those who live by sight. To those who believe even without seeing Jesus performing miracles.

As I walk along this path as his child, I have to admit that I have often fall shortly of living by faith. I do not know why but maybe its because that Ive easily be distracted by the ways of the world. These fears of not having enough and according to what I want it to be have INDEED become an unnecessary ABSOLUTE BURDEN to me. I don't find joy being in a fearful state. It is truly by trusting and believing by faith, I do find joy. I love the confidence and conviction of walking by faith.

b) Together with the other disciples, Simon went out to fish. For the whole night, they found nothing. Jesus came early in the morning and without them knowing his identity, He adviced them on the "how to". Such is our Lord who is full of grace and compassion, Our counsellor and provider of our needs. Hence, the disciples god a truck loads of fishes.

God is merciful when we are not.
God is grace when we are not.
God is compassionate when we are not.
Every single thing (alive/not alive) in the world belongs to Him.


Application
The power of faith. This is what makes one who comes from this Kingdom and not of the earth.
Characteristic of faith-filled person:
- Deep Trust in the Lord
- Patient
- Deep Conviction/Clarity in within
- Courage/Confidence
- Doing the unthinkable/out of socially accepted by the society
- Persistence, faithful, zealous
- HARDCORE


Prayer
Lord, make me into a woman of faith. It has been too long that Ive been living life focusing on the unimportant things. Father, give me a whole new purpose for now. Renewed my energy. Renewed my spirit. I want to be alive and be free from all the unimportant things. Give me reason to live, to be free, to focus and most importantly, to learn how to enjoy life.

Lov ya,
dory

No comments: