Monday, June 22, 2009

Law follower that leads to death bringing vs Righteous through faith in Christ that leads to life-giving

Scripture
I didn't want some petty, inferior brand of righteousness that comes from keeping a list of rules when I could get the robust kind that comes from trusting Christ—God's righteousness.

10-11I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it. Phillipians 3:8-11

Observation
Paul knows what He is talking about. He is opting for the righteousness in Christ rather than righteousness that comes from following the law. He is wanting to get into the heart that matter and this is the heart of Christ that He desires. He is not looking for a cheap substitute or even credential that are accepted by human but of faith in Jesus Christ. This credential that is approves by God.

What is the difference between us using our own KOGAE vs trusting God in the spirit? Lots.. The outcome for the first is that it will leads to pride and hence building wall around us but the later, is where it is life-giving. I can quote from the Korean Series, Dai Cheong Kam where the Elder allows DCK to live although the thing that she is standing for is for righteousness. What it means to opt for life vs stands for righteousness from the law?


Application
I realise the true meaning of righteousness. Godly righteousness comes from trusting in God. Of putting faith in God himself. Not on KOGAE.

Prayer
Lord God, I thank you for your wisdom. For the truth.Father, thank you for bringing this truth to me.
AMEN!!!

No comments: