Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yes, I want to be healed.. and to be FREEEEEEEE

Scripture
When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well? John 5:6

Observation
Jesus knew this man who had been invalid for 38 years. My gosh, due to his crippling state, he is never able to achieve anything except spending his day time at the pool. He will be the last to be washed during festive seasons due to his physical form. However, Jesus came one day and he asked this man whether he wants to be healed.

The man described his state, reasoned why he is not able to heal. But, Jesus did not take his reasoning but with great authority, asked him to stand up and walked. This man did with faith. Because of his faith, he is healed. Jesus came back later and adviced him to sin no more and not to go back to his previous deeds or something worse will happened.

I'm awestruck. Jesus, our redeemer/saviour is not here to listen to our past hurts and reasons to justify why we are still burdened with these hurts, but He is there to offer us a chance to be FREE from our hurts. My question: Am I going to reasons why I'm still like this or am I going to trust the Lord with faith just like how this man has? My gosh, being crippled for nearly most of his life is devastating. I want to be free from my hurts. To trust and follow Christ.

To live by faith and not by sight. To stand and walk up...


Application
I will stand and walk tall.
I am free from my past hurts.
I have forgiven CN.
I am FREE to run and to trust in my relationships.
I am Loved, Cherished and Appreciated.
Yes, I want to be healed, inside out.

Prayer
Dear Lord, I will make this choice to forgive and let go of the past hurts. For the sake of my purpose on earth and relationships, I will let go and walk. I will not repeat my past deeds but I will choose purity and holiness in my relationship. Give me a healthy fear of you. You say, perfect love cast out fear. :) U say, u have not given me a spirit of fear but of courage and a sound mind. Yes, I will live by faith and not by sight. :)

No comments: