Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lost Ones

Scriptures

Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
============

9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
============

31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "
============
Observation
Jesus shared the parables of the "Lost Sheep", "Lost Coins" and the "Lost Son" with the crowd. Every single time one of this are found/returned, the founder called for celebration. Hence, the famous quote, "Lost and Found again"

What does it means to go to the enemys' camp to take back what belongs to the community? Indeed, many of my brothers and sisters are out there, facing the harsh and cruel reality of the world system. The system that creates unwanted needs, the system that lures them towards the must have "success" and "popularity" in the world. How many of us have fallen into this deceit without realising it?

Is it true that without money we will perish?
Is it true that we have to climb up the corporate ladder to feel powerful and appreciated?
Is it true we have to trample our colleagues just to get to the top?
Is it true that we have to "sacrifice" the growth of our families for the sake of our selfish thirst for achievement?
Is winning in ALL THINGS meant something?


Application
- To pray for my loved ones
- To forgive
- To love unconditionally
- To listen attentively
- To understand and not judge
- To protect
- To celebrate

Prayer
Jesus, Ive gota ask for a BIG FAT HEART for your people. I Sooo cannot do this on my own. So, its up to u now. I'm here for you to use. This vessel is brought at a price of your suffering and I gladly surrender my old self to you. Let the "Doreen" die but let Christ shines through me. Father, Im listening, I want to obey, I want to see, I want to hear, I want to grow, I want to learn. In all things, Father, u know how much I can take in a go. I know that even if I am to fall, I will fall onto your grace. :)

Loving you always,
Dodo

No comments: