Monday, August 3, 2009

Clearing the "WEEDS"

Scripture
Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62, NIV
62Jesus said, "No procrastination. No backward looks. You can't put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day." The Msg

Observation
Jesus gave us a warning. To us who wants to follow Him, we must first seek His ways above all else, even to the point of letting go what our hearts desire. We thought that we need to take care of our own needs and wants, and ONLY then, follow HIM but Jesus said its NOW or NEVER.

Following Christ does not means comfortable lifestyle. It means letting go of even concentrating on meeting our own needs, relationships, family matters, financial comfort... etc.

What I see is that to us who have started this journey of following God, we can not turn back. A soldier who has signed up for war must persist on during the war instead of running back to his base camp.

Just like a skier who has started down the mountain must finish the run all the way towards the base of the mountain. There is no turning back.

Application
What have I been concentrating on lately?
- Maintaining my relationship

What do I have to let go?
- Doing this 24/7


What do I have to do?
- I need my time to pray, to plan, to look forward to the "work" that He has for me.
- Area of focus: Dance / Finance / Arts

Prayer
Lord God, thank you for this kind reminder. Yes, what we have started together, let me NOT deviate and go off tangent. Father, I pray for a focusing heart. A heart that yearns to PLEASE you only. Let all other things take care of itself. First and foremost, I want to follow u. I want to seek your heartbeat all day. I want to obey you even in the smallest things. Yes, Father, may I begin to clear and cleanse my weaknesses, not by my own might but by your spirit. Papa, help me, I want to grow up, I want to run this race.

Above all, thank you for showing me the "weeds" that I need to clear from this land that you have given me. AMEN!

Loving you always,
Doreen C.

No comments: