Monday, August 10, 2009

Yes... I HAVE LISTEN and will OBEY... :)

Scriptures (Luke 14: The Message)

10-11"When you're invited to dinner, go and sit at the last place. Then when the host comes he may very well say, 'Friend, come up to the front.' That will give the dinner guests something to talk about! What I'm saying is, If you walk around with your nose in the air, you're going to end up flat on your face. But if you're content to be simply yourself, you will become more than yourself."

===========

33"Simply put, if you're not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can't be my disciple.

34"Salt is excellent. But if the salt goes flat, it's useless, good for nothing.

"Are you listening to this? Really listening?"

============

Observation
Jesus is pouring out His Wisdom again. (Love it to the Max)

For the first, Jesus is teaching about humility ie not to exalt oneself than they ought to. I love it when He mentions about "contentment" to be simply yourself, one will become even more than themselves but if they exalt themselves, they will be loosing even more. How true is this. Pride is one level before downfall.==> Humility rules.

Jesus is challenging us about our possible idols in our lives. If I say that I am here for Him, there shall be no other things that will hinder my walk with him. One of my challenges is to learn to let go of relationships. I tend to focus on it too much than I should. I know that this boils down to my insecurities. But, you know, what is there to fear if I know that I am walking closely with God. God is the creator of love, joy, peace. God is my rock. To place my fear in "someone" means that I'm "worshipping" this someone already. (*This is great! I'm beginning to "see" in the spiritual realm). To fear of losing reveals there is a hint of "worshipping" in this area. (*wow).

No wonder Gods' commandment says " You shall worship no other God beside me" / "You shall not make yourself any form of idols". The opportunity cost of idolising a mere humans is my relationship and total dependance in my beloved Father. The opportunity cost of putting my fear in my relationship IS in me doubting Gods' protection and care for my relationships and to say that my need to control is EVEN GREATER than Gods' control. To focus on this relationships mean that I am putting myself and my relationship as GOD versus letting God be my Father who wants the best for me. To focus in this means that I will loose my effectiveness for the very purpose that God has for me (NO way). To place my focus in this means that I will LOOSE MYSELF and be like my IDOL (No freaking way).

Yes, Father.. I AM LISTENING.. :)


Application
= To see others "better" than ourselves. To appreciate others. To love and accept. To be a listener. :)
= Father, I will obey you. I will cast away my "idol".

Prayer
My beloved Father in heaven, yes, I have LISTEN. I am here. This is EXACTLY why I say you are the most precious and wonderful person in my life. Yes, I will obey. There is no freaking way I am going to loose myself for the sake of an "idol". There is no way that I am going to loose YOU for a mere human. Its not the human thats the problem but it is my choices that Ive made. I will obey you. :)

Loving you,
Doremi. :)

No comments: