Friday, May 1, 2009

Choose what is Good & Right

Scripture (1 John 1:7 &9)

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


Observation
How can one be of no sin? In fact, after watching Shinjuke incident, it reveals that the hearts of men are full of evil. The lust for power and money transformed a person to an animal. Even friends will kill one another just to keep their "bowl of rice".

Ever since I became a believer, Ive been confessing loads of sins. My aim is so that I can learn to be more and more like Christ. It is tough and sometimes, the pleasure to go after my own desire is great but I do know it only creates death in me. Internal struggles and conscience-ness do not allow me to keep going with my "momentary pleasure". I know that this is when God is "purifying" me throughout these time. Verse 9 is not an one-off transaction. The deeper the bondage has over our life, the longer the the purification process will be. The most important thing is for us, His children, not to give up hope but to believe that God has already grant us the spirit of power, of love and of sound mind. To top it all, HE said that we are already OVERCOMER of our struggles.

Application
I believe I will be released from this in due time as long as I set my eyes on HIM. I do not want to waste my life pondering on the "what if" but to know that God is for me, not against me. Also to know that God has plans to prosper me and not to harm me.

Prayer
Father, I BELIEVE in YOU. I Trust in you. I pray not to sway to the left & right but to focus on you ONLY. Father, may your WORDS be the only input that I choose to hear and act upon. Father, I pray for wisdom and courage to speak the truth out of love. I pray for the salvation of each of my families and friends. I pray for my leaders to walk upright before your eyes and to make choices that are life-giving. Amen!

Loving you,
Doreen C.

No comments: