Thursday, May 14, 2009

To start right and strong and faithfully first thing in the morning

Scripture
23Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many people saw the miraculous signs he was doing and believed in his name.[c] 24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. 25He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man. (John 2:23-25)

Observation
Jesus changed the water into wine at a wedding ceremony. That was his first miracle since He was baptised in the spirit and water. I realised that John had omitted the passage where Jesus was tempted by Satan and jumped straight into this. As the people heard the miracle that Jesus did, they hunted for Him. Many will come and said that they would like to follow Him but Jesus knows our heart.

Just over the other night during HC, we read on this book titles, " Way to Jesus Christ". It reveals that Jesus is not here to meet needs, attract us through miracles, and build an impersonal structure of systems to rule the people. In fact, the only way towards Jesus is to know how Jesus walks with US during our journey of following Him. We can know Jesus' ways by seeing and believing the stories from both the New and Old Testaments. All the prophets/authors wrote in preparation for the upcoming Messiah and also through their day to day lives together with Jesus. From these "testimonies", we can imitate Christ. I have to bear in mind that following Christ involves sufferings but the reward is eternal life. My life is not going to be rosy but it is MEANINGFUL. My life is not for myself but to be used for His glory.


Application
- To have a 2 ways relationships: up flow and down flow between me through Jesus to God and God through Jesus to me.
- To pray in the Spirit,
- To love the Lord with all my heart and soul and might
- To be grateful and humble with all that He has blessed me with.
- To steward the talents that He has given me through his guidance
- To build meaningful relationships with the people around me

Prayer
- Lord God, you are not a "magician". I'm not here to be entertained by you. You are not a clown. I'm here to follow you. Thank you for your patience and guidance. Its only through my weaknesses that your strength can be shown. Father, indeed you are my rock and tower of refuge. Father, indeed you are full of wisdom and creativity. Father, thank you for your mercy. Teach and guide me all the ways.

Loving you always,
Doremi... :)

No comments: