Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cain & Abel

God is good. He answers my deepest thoughts.
Started this morning in prayers and tears. I was questioning, "Wat is the possibility of "sacrificing" one self for someones' weaknesses". My thought was that this is what Jesus did anyway.

I then came online to get in tune with BridgeFM on my Itunes.

The pastor preached on the sacrifices of Cain & Abel. We know the story of both of them. God delighted in Abels' offering but did not look in favor of Cains' offering. The reason was because Cain sown and tow the land by his own effort to obtain acceptance from the Lord. God does not need our sacrifice but only our OBEDIENCE.

If all that we do are done through our own effort, we will become proud and say that we earn the salvation.

But, if we earn our salvation through his grace and by us believing in Him.

My conclusion:
I don't need to sacrifice but to obey in His timing n action. Only God has the power to change the situation, not me. Only God is the judge and the corrector of all things.

Prayer
Father, thank you once again by your words. Yes, I will obey and continue to love like you do.. :) Father, teach me to be like you, to love mercy and desire after your obedience. I will trust in you to act. I want to see the revealing of your glory, not by my own work.. but yours alone.

Lov,
dory

No comments: