Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trusting and Obeying Your ways......

Scripture (John 8)

- Adultery: Woman
- Validity of Jesus' testimony
- The children of Abraham
- The children of the devil
- The claims of Jesus about Himself

Observation
- Chapter 8 clearly reveals the identity of who Jesus is. Jesus is not here to condemn the sinner but even is he is, he is doing so, he do so with Gods' authority and ways. The entire chapters revealed the conflict that the Pharisees had with Jesus. As I observed, I realise in order for us to be called as Gods' children, we must have eyes of faith to see beyond the circumstances. Here, the Pharisees used their human knowledge to view Jesus. They have become so corrupted by their own lust for religious power that they did not even realise that the ONE True God is in front of them. They have lost the true meaning of being the descendant of Abraham.

To follow Christ is to see beyond the circumstances. To live by faith and not by sight. To trust and obey Father at all costs. To know that this world belongs to Him and I'm here to be a representative of His Kingdom.
- This means that I will go through "suffering" as I carry the cross that was given to me. Is it worth it? vs

Cost of carrying my cross

vs.
- filthy rich (yet fear of losing it)
- have all the things I want= money, cars, home, families, career.

As I ask myself these questions, what do I really want?
Do I really desire for the above comfortable yet fear of losing life or
do I desire a life of purpose?

PURPOSE=> I say

Application
My choice:
A life of meaning and purpose in all that I do: work, relationships, ministries

- Trusting and obeying my Creator

Prayer
- Lord God, Ive chosen your way. Let me continue to set my eyes upon you. Father, I want to obey. Let me not be distracted by the ways of the world but I want to keep learning and growing. Father, do not let me be tempted in any other ways but let my heart and eyes focus onto you. Father, continue to guide and direct me in all your ways.

Loving you,
dory

No comments: