Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wise choices

I begin to realise that at every circumstances that occurs around me, at that very moment, the choices that I make has the power to bring either "life" or "death to the situation.

For eg:
HK was back late. A call was made to see whether there is sufficient food for dinner. I did not give a specific answer as I know the family is waiting for him to come back for dinner. Hence, he said he will come back to see. HK & his better half arrived home and realised there is not sufficient food. He lashed out his frustration verbally and with outhrown arm. I was taken back by his rudeness and insensitiveness. hurrmpph. I was angry and teared, yet I know I must not let my emotion take control of me....

J tried to talk on his brother behalf. I told that this is not really helping.

At that moment, I chose this => To control my emotion, have dinner together and when I'm at peace, I will share with HK.

B4 dinner, HK apologized and I told him that he is very very rude and insensitive. He took it in. Thank God that K is there. :)

From the above, I realised that I need to choose my battle. I have forgiven HK. This is a minor thing. Ive bigger battles to focus on. I'm still feeling a bit edgy now, hence I write this down just to pen my thoughts on paper. :)

I think all this ups and downs are normal in a family of friends. Just as God said, forgive one another as I have forgive you. :) This I will obey wholeheartedly for just like Jesus, I will do what Jesus does. :)

Lov,
dory

No comments: