Saturday, May 9, 2009

Love One Another & Love Me :)

Scripture
5And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 1:5-6

Observation
Love is in the air. Love is among us when we choose to love God with all our hearts, soul and might AND to love our neighbor as ourselves. The above is a repetition of what was mentioned by Jesus in Matthew 22:36-39. John is basically reminding us of an old command by Jesus himself.

1) Love one another
2) Love God by obeying his commandments.

Application
- To love one another just like how Christ loves me.
- To obey His commandments => purity, righteousness, compassion, true, no others god beside him, make no idol, hate sins, run from temptation, control our tongue/thoughts, slow to judge/anger quick to listen, patient, kept away from jealousy/wickednesses/backstabbing.....

Prayer
Father, thank you for your love. Thank you for your words that gives eternal life. Let me see as you do. Let me live as you want me to. Father, let all things be your will, not my will for I know that you have plans to prosper me, not harm me. Loving you.:)

No comments: