Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To be imitator of Christ

Scripture ( Jude 1:20-23 : The Message)
20-21But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!

22-23Go easy on those who hesitate in the faith. Go after those who take the wrong way. Be tender with sinners, but not soft on sin. The sin itself stinks to high heaven.

Observation
- Jude is the brother of James. This is a very well-written letter as it is clear and precise. By just reading it, I know deep within he cares for my well-being. Such is those who came in the name of the Lord. Praise be to God forever and ever. :)

- Jude adviced us to be careful in building our faith through prayers in the Spirit, staying in the midst of Gods' unconditional love and have an open heart in wait for his mercy. It makes me realise that if I'm to go around judging things on my own knowledge of good and evil, I'm heading towards self-dependancy. The state of human heart is very easily corruptable by pride and lust for power, money and fame. No wonder God always advice us that those who are first will be last. To be joyful even without recognition shows the maturity of ones' character.

- Here Jude also advices us to be patient and merciful to those who needs it. We are not to accept the sins but to hate it. We accept the sinner but to hate their sins.


Application
- To be in constant prayer
- To dwell in the Lord
- To live in gratitude and humility with all that I have been given atm

- To be patient with those who are growing in their faith
- To be merciful and love the sinners but HATE their sins.

Prayer
- Dear Lord, thank you for your words of guidance. I pray for wisdom, love and patience. I pray that I will continue to seek after you, not because of what you can give me, but to love and adore you, to obey your commandment because I love you, to know that you are my beloved Father who loves me dearly. Father, I pray that I will not be distracted but to stay on course towards the purpose that you have set before my eyes. Father, thank you for all the many surprises that you have given me. Thank you for your love, providence, mercy, patience, new things that you have pour out for me. I will trust in you.

Loving you heaps,
Doremi

No comments: